Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Photos from New Orleans

Finally got some substantial alone time with a regular computer (uploaded these using Joyce's laptop so want to acknowledge that service donation as well) so here are some photos related to the Po Boy post:

Hotel in NOLA My hotel room had this awesome umbrella stand furniture piece. Feel free to let me know what these are really called. And it's my first picture of Mooch. Not a famous place but significant to me. I don't know how many famous attractions he'll get to visit as that's not usually on my agenda.



Garden District house A particularly striking house in the Garden District. Down the street was the house where Jefferson Davis (the Confederate president, for those of you lousy at US history like me) died.



Café Dumond TableYes, I am foodie, hear me munch. Beignets and au laits. It's a rhyme! And these particular ones were courtesy Nancy. Thanks, friend!



Oyster Po BoyThe first oyster po' boy I tried in NOLA. The last day I was in New Orleans I had another oyster po' boy and bit into a tiny pearl! I saved it in a sugar packet and am going to try to do something with it once I get to NYC.



Nancy waitingThis is Nancy at Radosta's Famous Po-Boys waiting for hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment