Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Quarter Interim Report

It's been two months since I stopped working and 2.5 weeks since left Washington State. I've already been in four locations and now am in Virginia Beach with my high school friend Shannon, so it feels like longer. The adage "time flies when you're having fun" apparently falls prey to the theory of relativity--time expands the faster the body is moving.

My mom has been emailing me, and some of you have been FBing and stuff, which I super appreciate. Thanks! Got a ticket to Fort Myers because Ken IS going to be at his restaurant in Sanibel during Wellesley's spring break AND I just paid the fee for the RZIM course in Chennai, India for October. Budget-wise, everything is working out.

In answer to many prayers, here's one cool evidence of God's protection. In my last Alabama stop, folks told me to eat at Chick-fil-A once I got to Atlanta since the chain started in Georgia and I hadn't gotten the chance to eat there yet. As I was outlining my objectives to Joyce's sister and her husband (H-mart, Whole Foods, Chick-fil-A), the husband asks me, "Do you have a peanut allergy?" I do. And only because their sons have a plethora of food allergies are these two parents hyper-sensitive and aware. Apparently Chick-fil-A, though having superior chicken product, fries in peanut oil. Do you see the hand of Providence?! And my Epipen remains unused in my suitcase. :)

And I just remembered I didn't follow up about the glassblowing class. Well, it was terrific. My instructor Drake (or was it Blake?) was the perfect Southern punk gentleman who saved (in some way) all three pieces I made from disaster. I FBed about the burn I got, it really wasn't that bad, more surprising that the glass was so hot as to give me a mild sun burn. This is out of the furnace, not even glowing just HOT. Two vases and a cup were shipped to Richland. Addicted? No, but very interested. Drake told me two funny things: 1. (as he's lighting up) Don't be a glassblower who smokes, it's bad; and 2. Everyone makes a mess, but the kids especially.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I didn't know you had the Peanut Allergy - that Peanut oil is the best thing about Chick-fil-a. But I saw this video today and wanted to share it with you just so you can see how passionately people feel about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJHqstPuNo

    ReplyDelete