Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Old Friends/Old Town

DC stint contained no national monuments. Rather, friend-since-junior-high Colleen and her stinkin' cute daughter and funny husband. I drove Shannon's car (with Shannon in the passenger seat fielding phone calls) to DC and we had Korean food (see, Joyce, still not sick of it) and then arrived at Colleen's house. The next day, I accompanied Colleen and s.c. daughter to play group:
IMG_3147

After a long Starbucks wifi session and Georgetown nature walk, I met up with Shannon and we met her friends in Old Town for BBQ:
IMG_3155

IMG_3164

Saturday was girls day, we went to REI where I cashed in my dividend for a non-fleecy-looking-fleece (inspired by Joyce's similar item), had lunch at Chipotle, then spa pedicures (caught up on celebrity gossip and therein deduced that Colleen has enough time to Facebook...), and Trader Joe's where I managed to spend $0. :)
IMG_3165

We finally got home and participated in a dad's and daughter's burger night for Colleen's husband's friends whose wives were away for the weekend. I was enchanted with Cinderella and Shannon's nearly cordial welcome of the babies.

Sunday, my old friend Riah whom I know from NYC (my first friend from TSC) picked me up and we had a light lunch at Le Madeleine and then Korean church service where I was introduced as "our Chinese sister" and then Korean food (a buffet, nonetheless, i.e. heaven).IMG_3174

I realize this is is pretty much an events account. I had a pretty emotional day today with a great tele-therapy session with my counselor from Richland so perhaps I'll be more up for emoting later this week.

Shirlie's house in New Jersey is super quaint and her daughter is warming up to me...we'll see. For some real good news, check out my friend's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment