Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Training

Not 'training' as in 'for Bloomsday in May', but rather riding the subway--"taking the train". This confuses some visitors, this referring to the subway as the train. But that's what it is. Rambling. Maybe that should be the title of this post. I'm rambling a lot lately because I'm not really talking to anyone. Living alone has its challenges. I did have a nice for-real conversation with a colleague today over the phone. I think it was because I asked her "how are you?" in a tone that indicated I really was asking. So she really told me. That was nice. For real. Nice. Not 'nice' as in "that's nice, Irene, but get on with your post", but rather--
Imaginary Someone: Sweet dessert photos!
Me: Yes, it was nice.
Ok. So I stayed up real late the other night re-reading most of my blog. And one particular post I enjoyed was the itemized list of my luggage contents. Inspired by this, I thought I'd list the subway lines I've used to commute over the years in NYC. Maybe if you, my dear reader, would comment on what you want to hear about, I wouldn't waste your time with my OCT (obsessive compulsive tendencies).

1998 - B
good: view of the Statue of Liberty while crossing the Manhattan Bridge
bad: smelly and slow

2000 - F
good: hipsters
bad: hipsters

2003 - 2/3
good: always a seat
bad: the guy asking for donations for the homeless every morning like clockwork--I had his schpeel down cold.

2009 - C/E
good: brief
bad: dark

2011 - M
good: new
bad: stopped running early tonight! Dang. Had to revert to the R and I don't like the R.

Huh, that wasn't nearly as interesting as I thought it was going to be. I'd better turn on the TV for my own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment