Monday, January 10, 2011

Pt. 2 & The Conclusion

It was a success, Juanita's Birthday Dinner. Here's Friday night's activity: Butternut Squash Soup (recipe). My reco is to take the time and effort to buy the squash, gut, peel, and chop it, yourself. Way better color and fragrance than a box of ready-to-go pieces.

And it really doesn't take too much extra time and effort. And it's pretty. Sculptural, in fact. Kind of Henry Moore.

Two of Juanita's friends with the finished soup and you can get a little idea of the place setting.
I'm skipping the main course (chicken lo mein--not photogenic enough) to reveal the hit of the evening: the finished panna cotta with persimmon and blueberries. This is actually a re-creation as I forgot to take photos on the night of the event. Juanita came over for leftovers tonight and so I took the opportunity to re-plate. I was rather pleased. And, to quote my father, when people like the food they don't have to say anything--the empty plate speaks all.

Happy Birthday, Juany!

No comments:

Post a Comment