Saturday, November 07, 2009

Table for 2, 3, 4, and 7

Four days in New York City allows me plenty of time to dine out. Autumn, lovely smell of leaves and cold air. Refreshing.

Table for 2: Juanita, my perennial hostess, and I went to Brooklyn, the borough of our early friendship. This is at Amorina from where I catered my last birthday party in Prospect Heights.




Table for 3: at Otto, a Mario Batali establishment. Lower end than Babbo where I go with Olivia. But yummy nonetheless. With Karen who's preggers with #2. You may remember her from my Turkey trip. And Anna who graced us with her company as she hurried between freelancing for Anthropology and physical therapy for her knees.










Table for 4: Tiffany introduced me to her friends Sewi and Gbemi. They're all TSC connections and we had a nice meal and fun, long chat at Cafe A in Harlem. Barbara, our server, almost made it table for 6 with her excitement over her "10 years younger!" boyfriend but contained herself. It was Oct 31.




































Table for 7: Quasi-reunion of a team that went on mission to Burundi in 2007. Here's Nancy, Sandra, and Jacques Daniel--the main reason we got together is because Jacques Daniel is a pastor from Gitega, Burundi. I spoke at his church (under corrugated metal roof and bamboo pole 'walls') during our trip and he hung out with Sandra's team a lot. He is now an ambassador to Nigeria and has amazing stories of God's faithfulness and provision.


Edith and Lawrence.

Lawrence and Paul.









All of us at Maria Pia in the Theatre District.

No comments:

Post a Comment