Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Guns & Noodles

This is Elegua, Olivia's pitbull mix puppy. We took him to Bad Dog training class yesterday and it was educational. For me. He got a lot of treats and got to pee indoors. But I think he'll grow lots.






On Saturday, we went to the gun show!








They don't allow photographs inside so here's the one I got caught taking. The rest you'll have to use your imagination if you haven't already been to a gun show yourself. Olivia owns an old Beretta that she was looking to get a magazine for. But no one had one that fit her model. I amused myself by practicing apologetics with a nice lady whose father has self-published literature asserting the King James Version of the bible is the only one we should be reading, because it's "the best".

Guns of all sorts.











Later that evening, we went to Lee's house in the desert. We took the scenic route for my benefit.






















The stars were beautiful and the fire nice.











Lee's dinner. Yum.








Sunday I went to church with Peter and his family. Here he is with his sons James and Joshua. The family, who used to live in Richland, are friends of my parents.
Ellen cooking my favorite veggie.











As promised, this is the scarf Lynn knit for me!











Monday, yesterday, after a busy day of pilates and puppy training class, Olivia was exhausted. Luckily, Peter called to see if I could come over for dinner in fact their in-laws were waiting for me in a van across the intersection. I've been watching lots of forensic TV shows with Olivia and Lynn. This was funny.

Ok, so this photo is only funny if you have a Chinese mother. Who saves Styrofoam trays that meat comes on for future use. These are powdered and ready for noodles.




Peter and Ellen's parents have been friends for a long time having lived in the same village in Beijing. Peter and Ellen have known each other since elementary school. But Peter was only able to get Ellen's attention after college when there was less competition. ;) This is their moms.








Ellen's dad is making noodles (chang sho = long life and is homonym for long and thin, thus birthday noodles are long and thin)










Fresh off the press.

Fresh out of the pot and freshly dressed with mushroom egg sauce.








The whole clan including cousin and Kathy, their daughter, and her boyfriend Ethan, who works at the hospital where Olivia will be receiving treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment