Saturday, November 07, 2009

Friends for a day/eternity

Emily, the Minnesotan who was staying at Priyanka's house. She met Priyanka in Bangalore two weeks prior. Hospitality, I tell you. Emily and I met that morning at breakfast and by the time we were getting manicure/pedicures together, the ladies at the salon thought we were old friends catching up. No, no. New friends, long lost sisters.



Pretty Priyanka and her friend Amana. Amana, I later commented to Emily, is what I think of when I hear the word 'lady'.







Priyanka and her sister Vandana. I first met Vandana in the car on the way to lunch. And after being introduced to Amana, whom Priyanka had told me about being her newish friend in Mumbai, I asked how Vandana knew Priyanka. They both stared at me for a long second and then Priyanka said: she's my sister! I mean, she had told me tons about her sister, just never mentioned her by name. Oops. Classic Irene goof.



The brilliant view from my room at Priyanka's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment