Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Before Israel

I'm blogging from my work computer. It's after hours and the connection is fast. AND my friend Veronica hasn't gotten back to me on if I can watch So You Think You Can Dance season opener at her apt tonight so...

Largest box of chocolates I've ever received! From my friend Kara who I know from Times Square Church nursery ministry. She is the one who went to Yale for her music PhD. We went to see a concert at Lincoln Center and she stayed over one night. And this is her present to me and my roommate. I said she might as well have booked a hotel room! I brought the balance to the office as Pamela said to get them out of the apartment.


Went to a Mets game with Juany at the new Citi Field. Here's the one place where the signage indicates that the Mets play here, not some team named Citi.






The game was rain-delayed and we amused ourselves with concessions: Box Frites (hard to go wrong with smoked bacon sauce), sausage, and ambers. Mets won, but we left after the fifth.






So a few Mars Hill Church folks showed up in NYC early. I met up with some of them and played tour guide. Here they are in Grand Central. It was nice to see the East Side, haven't been there in a while.

And this is a rained-on table with sunflower seed shells. Captured this while waiting for them outside FAO Schwarz.

No comments:

Post a Comment