Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back in The Apple

I returned to NYC on September 3 and had a very jet-lagged Friday wherein I went to lunch with my lovely roommate, Pamela--recently, I asked her if I should call her Pam, to which she responded, eventually, yes: it's more familiar.

Not sure if I've already mentioned this but she's an event planner for The Economist. So she picks restaurants for a living. So I picked Josephine, where I dined once back in 1999 on the tab of my then company, Caribiner. Here are our prix fixe choices of chicken and St. Peter's fish, respectively. I made the comment that St. Peter's fish is like talapia--even though I'm allergic to fish, I had learned this recently on luncheon near the Sea of Galilee

Crazy at it was, I went to Philadelphia with Juanita the next day. Here she is on the train.







And here's the train station. Brotherly love, bear one another's burdens?
After this, my memory card was full and I didn't want to delete any Greece/Israel photos. So Juany's got the rest of them. I fell asleep on our double deck bus tour of Philly. We went to dinner at El Vez, some post-hipster Mexican place that reminded me of Coffee Shop in Union Square.




Then the next day, we took the train to D.C. Clearly, I need to learn some limits. But, we did have a nice walk around the mall and stayed at the Dupont hotel which was cool (Juany liked the hotel in Philadelphia better) and visited The Library of Congress which is super beautiful and amazing and inspiring and saw the Guttenburg Bible!

So then we got back to NYC and I slept! Have been working last and this week. Not much news expect for upcoming Prayer in the (Times) Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment