Wednesday, April 08, 2009

That pain in my gums

Whenever I am anxious about leaving my family (which isn't very often), I get this tingly ache in my gums. I got that feeling just a bit ago while walking from the subway with Juanita back to her (newly-painted: Northern Pear Tree and Driftwood) apartment. What does that say? Is NYC 'home'? Is Juanita family?

In about 20 minutes, I'm going to get back on the subway to JFK and meet Stacey who will spend a mere 12 hours here before we depart for Warsaw!

- Saturday was another Brooklyn day. After an inspired trip to Home Depot with Juanita to pick out paint and associated equipment, I visited my old Prospect Heights neighbor Edlyn. She is well past middle age though she looks younger and her daughter Andrea who has Downs used to cross the street once a week for Bible study. So we are really good friends and so vastly different in background that I can only credit God for bringing us together. It was brief but she is really excited about a new phone-based women's fellowship/prayer circle that she's joined.

- My first paid taxi ride to downtown Brooklyn to meet Linsey who was getting out of rehearsal. Met her thesis partner and some other people involved with the production. Then we went to a cafe to talk. She's looking for a job. Graduating in May with her masters. Theatre, video production, TV. Any leads? San Pelligrino Limonata and Brooklyn Pilsner. What a good combo.

- Back to Prospect Heights to meet Natalie at the Brooklyn Museum of Arts where they have first Saturday of the month free. We stood outside in the cold talking, then another half hour in the lobby. Finally realized and agreed we really didn't want to see anything, so went to The Islands and dined in the cramped (we were sitting by the bathroom door and had to move our table everytime a patron had to go) upstairs and laughed and talked. It was great. After I told her abour RZIM, she wanted to go (lots of people have said to me: can I come with you? and my answer is: yes--just pay your way. Truly, if anyone reading wants to join me, just let me know.) but we just found out her fall class schedule conflicts. :( But it was nice to dream. Anyway, her family is doing lots for the advancement of the Kingdom and the associated warfare is retaliating. Heavy stuff but really good.

- Sunday I went to New Life Fellowship where Juanita's attending. It's really nice and I picked up a copy of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality that the pastor wrote. Only two chapters in but it's good. Kind of like Boundaries but personal to him.

- Afternoon service at TSC was great. I sat in the 2nd row and the usher had me put on my jacket so my arms wouldn't be exposed. Pentacostal roots. No problem, I love this church.

- Hung out with Thais who has gone from only knowing me to knowing everyone in Young Adults. Pretty cool. Went with her to the Young Adults meeting and it is amazing what God is doing. Singing, praying, studying, be-friending. :) Me like.

###

Time to go to the airport. Sorry there haven't been any photos in a while. I have lots of good ones too.

No comments:

Post a Comment