Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sailing video

Getting fancier everyday. This is a video Emre, Karen's husband, took today of the Eleanor sail around the three small islands off the coast of their town.

Karen mentioned that sometimes I don't give background on who's who. So for the record: Karen is my friend from college. We met my first year/her sophomore year and have been friends ever since. I spent part of my first spring break with her in Long Island and NYC and we met MCA from the Beastie Boys--her longtime 'boyfriend'. ["Do you remember that?" "Uh, yeah. The biggest shock of my life is that I married someone who doesn't know who MCA is."] When she was studying abroad during grad school, I visited her in Vienna and we traveled together through Romania, Hungaria, and finally Turkey(!).

She met her husband Emre (who is Turkish but grew up in Germany) on the Lower East Side of Manhattan while I was living there. We lived in adjacent neighborhoods in Brooklyn for a while before she moved to Turkey and I moved to Richland.

And with that, here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment