Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sailing sailing

I know, I know. Weeks without any photos and I get to Turkey and it's like instantaneous. Maybe it's because Karen and Emre watch TV and surf the internet on his and her laptops, maybe it's because I forgot to talk about the amazing garden and wildflowers that just GROW here, or maybe it's because it's so slow (in a good way) here that I feel like I have more time. Regardless, here are some pix from today and yesterday.

In their front yard. Along with hibiscus and roses and syrupy-sweet smelling shrubs.

Lunch today at Sakiz Ana, a peasant-type place where this lady dishes up for you garbanzo beans in tomato-onion sauce, stuffed bell peppers, dolmas, and a nice spinach and rice stewp, with hot peppers and raw onion garnish on your table to amp up the white rice and ubiquitous yogurt.
Main sail and tell tales from the helm of their 36' yacht. Finally (Stacey), friends with boat. :)

Me at said helm. Emre let me steer in deep water where there wasn't danger of running aground on the many islands.

Close up of the Aegean Sea water.

The sunset view from their balcony.

Sweet dreams ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment