Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reading

I've been in Seattle for the past ten days taking over driving duties for my temporarily invalid sister. This includes piano lessons, violin lessons, gymnastics practice, karate, and possibly most importantly Costco. My niece accompanied me on my most recent trip and was a great companion, only getting distracted once by the fountain sculpture of a Boy and Sailboat. My days begin by being woken up by two little faces, those belonging to the eldest two over whom my bunk sets. They climb the ladder every morning not before 7 am and then hang out with me until 7:30 when it's time to get ready for the day. As my brother-in-law says, I'm living an extention of their life. Not really my own. But it's not a bad life as such. I'm reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and have a laptop available to work on the play. But not much progress made in either.

My sister's surgery was fine but I did swing into full Florence Nightengale mode when she returned still getting over anesthesia and pain meds. Since then she's been well enough to crutch around though I don't believe she's left the house since Monday.

So that's my update. Still hoping to get to Tucson. Maybe I'll be there for the hot hot season.

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear the surgery went well and that you're succeeding in pseudo-parental duties! i'm settling in to my new condo, let me know when you want to come visit. i have a nice surprise...my rental couch is a sleeper sofa!

    ReplyDelete