Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Singing

It's one of the 'five things I cannot live without' on my eHarm profile. First voice lesson of my life this evening after work. Almost like therapy. Mostly because I sang this song and cried.

Breakfast with Alex was funny. My ex-work-husband (in that we shared a cube for about four years) is a stream of amusing anecdotes. Finally someone who appreciates (and one-ups) that I walked past Bob Costas on the street yesterday.

Work was rather busy today even if I did show up 10 minutes late and leave 10 minutes early (took a short lunch to make up for it). My boss is taking a long weekend so I have more to cover for the next three office days. Lots of paper and check boxes. So the other day, once again in the kitchenette--literally the water cooler, this guy says: Hey, Irene, right? You're from Washington! I vaguely remembered the face but not the name at all--which is rare for me. His name is from Jacob, he's from Portland, OR which is why he remembered me even though we never worked together. In fact, I have no idea what he does for the company. Pretty cool.

Already told you about singing, so there's just to say that I went back to midtown to meet Martine, another friend from the old Deutsch days who's now at another agency--in this case, one that we're partnering with on a certain account--at Sapporo, my ramen shop. I have been there maybe 50 times in my life. After noodling, we hope on the F to get dessert at one of her favorite places. Only there, at this cute Italian place, she is greeted with hugs and kisses by most the staff. And we were comped dessert. I've never gotten anything for free at Sapporo. Maybe I need to start investing my $ and time elsewhere. :) I mean, I've got cute dimples too! (Martine has the cutest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment