Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Richland and the Olympic Peninsula

Lots of pictures from June and July!

While in Richland, my mom cooked for me. Here I am enjoying a salad on the front steps of the house.







Also, my hair has gotten so long (I'm pushing a year since the last cut) that I've taken to double looping it. Looks vaguely Japanese to me.






So I went to visit my refugee friend in Prescott, on the apple orchard where she works. This is the long, straight road between.







Here's mom and dad at lunch. :)

And here's peaches from the tree in the backyard that my dad tends. Yummy, juicy!








OLYMPIC PENINSULA:
This is Rialto Beach. My first time touching the Pacific from the Washington State coast.















Ruby Beach:













Rainforest near Lake Quinalt/Maple Grove (Nancy wisely took pictures of all the signs so she wouldn't have to rely on memory to place photos, wish I had.):















Forks signage. Nancy's humor.


Order window at Sully's, Forks retro burger joint. Forks is the setting for the popular book/movie Twilight. I know nothing about it except that one of the actors has been in the tabloids.









Cape Flattery, the northwestern most point on the continental 48 states. I loved this place. None of the guide text talked about how dramatically beatiful it is, just the location.
























Crescent Lake









Hurricane Ridge













Rock shop that was Nancy's only Must See, outside Port Angeles.


Annual sand castle contest in Port Angeles that we paid a dollar to sneak peek.







Visited my best friend from high school, Meggan, and her family in Port Angeles. Her Swedish husband, Mattias, also spent high school in Richlandia so we all go way back. The last time I saw their little one she was 2. Their elder daughter was spending a few weeks in Sweden so I missed her. It was a great, short visit. We chatted and played Euchre!












We went to dinner at her friend Joy's restaurant, called Joy's. Nancy treated and said it was the best meal she's had in a long while. The food was great. Cheesecake...














We left the Peninsula on a Saturday and drove to Camano Island where my sister's friends invited us over for crab!



































Back in NYC. I'm freelancing at my old company, Deutsch. I'm subletting a room in a 2BR near Columbus Circle and posing as a Manhattanite. This is the MoMA special exhibit by a Chinese artist who collected all his mother's belongings and arranged them as an installation piece. Meant a lot to me, in terms of my own saving, spendthrift mom.

This caught my eye, narcissist that I am.








And this is called "Huggable Mushroom Cloud" which also was a great meld of my spheres.

No comments:

Post a Comment