Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hitchens/Hitchin'

Just got back from my visit to Pullman. Had a GREAT time with my friends Steve and Cheri. Re-met their daughter whom I'm pretty sure I was in high school art class with and meet their two granddaughters, who were sick with the flu but super cute. Cheri said she got to catch up on a week's worth of talking. :)


Highlights were the slammin' coleslaw Cheri made last night for dinner, praying during Clean House commercial breaks, the stuffed animal exhibit on the University campus, and attending a talk by Christopher Hitchens. I didn't completely disagree with him. My biggest takeaway is that I need to be challenged and participate in intelligent discourse as an act of worship. It's what Paul did.

And on the way out of Pullman, I picked up a guy holding a sign that said "Colfax". Since I'm now blogging about it, you can breath your sigh of relief. Colfax is only 15 miles from Pullman, I know, it's no excuse as my friend Tiffany said: you could have been dead in 2 minutes. Anyhow, he got baptized in jail a few months ago and is struggling now, lacking fellowship. Anyone know a good Body in Colfax? Not that I exchanged any contact info, so I couldn't tell him anyway (breath your 2nd sigh of relief).

In Richland through next Wed when my dad and I go to Seattle to hang with the family again. And then fly to New Orleans. So this is my last week 'home'.

1 comment: