Friday, March 09, 2012

Guest poet (my niece) and Gonggong translated in rhyme

Tonight is a little bonus family time. So I'm taking the opportunity to post a poem written by my oldest niece and one by my grandpa that's been sitting in my draft folder for a while.

First the one by my niece who is ten. ("I was nine when I wrote it but I'm ten now," she clarifies.)

Why do I need answers?

Why does city start with 'c'
Why are oranges round
Why was I born in January
Why do we stay on the ground

Why do we have a weekend
Why am I the oldest child
Why aren't enemies friends
Why are tigers wild

Why does a clock have twelve numbers
Why do I like cucumbers
People get annoyed, you see
Always finding answers for me


And now the one by my gonggong:
[5 words 12 sentences]

Lu Mountain
Looking south from our old house at Lu Mountain. Many people have written about Lu Mountain.

Old home windows open wide
Lu Mountain is right there
Tall peaks five men dignified
Smattering of flowers color bare
Water falls three lofting tiers
Rushing down white jade screen
Floating fog dispels and clears
Mountain tops twinkle glitter gleam
Thick clouds form rains near
Range shrouded in misty roll
Forecast days dire or dear
In this mountain living soul

No comments:

Post a Comment