Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A confession

For the past few months, I've been attending a women's meeting at which the speaker (Shandel Slaten) has repeated the anecdote about her telling God how much she hates being weak and needy. The Lord has responded to her by pointing out that he loves what she hates. He loves when we're needy, when we have nothing to give, when we don't know how we're gonna make it. Because, according to 2 Corinthians 12:9, his power is made perfect in weakness. And elsewhere the bible says he searches out people to whom to show himself strong on their behalf (found it: 2 Chronicles 16:9).

Though it's Tuesday, I'm headed to my parents' house for dinner tonight. Usually I go on Monday nights. But the women's meeting is on Monday nights. And yesterday my mom was busy. Anyhow. I woke up and devised this 5-7-5 haiku partially in anticipation and also out of thinking too much.

I hate this waiting
But you love long-suffering
Fruit as you define

No comments:

Post a Comment