Monday, May 25, 2009

Insomnia

Denny's coffee: unassuming and potent. Some thoughts on traveling:
- I haven't gotten lost yet! I love maps. I have a keen sense of direction. And I feel the almighty hand holding me up, guiding and protecting.
- 1 rolly suitcase unexpanded containing 5 pairs socks, bag o' electronics (chargers, adaptors, etc), sunblock, sneakers, dress flats, belt, 1 pair jeans, dress pants, sweat pants and zip up in black velour, nightshirt (doubles as paint smock), 2 short sleeve shirts, 1 tank top, 1 polyester 'little black dress', 1 sleeveless knit dress (doubles as shirt over jeans), contact lens solutions, two-in-one shampoo/conditioner, lotion, mascara, tinted lip gloss, 3 pair earrings, floss, stuffed monkey, soft-framed photo of nieces and nephew, eucerin, passport and copy, advil and zyrtec in traditional contact lens case (my only truly original space saving idea), 2 books, journal, nail file and clippers, eye creme (should not have packed this or the loose powder although I just used the powder during the wedding), flip flops, 1 long sleeve shirt, toothbrush and paste), glasses, deodorant. This is a nearly exhaustive list of contents save the trinkets I've purchased along the way. I also travel with a nice sized shoulder bag that holds my bible, iPod, phone, planner, pen, epipen, hat, camera, and I can squish my non-fleece-looking fleece zip up into the larger pocket as needed. Which reminds me I also have a very lightweight (nylon I think) jacket that has been very useful. Back pocket of the shoulder bag holds purell, glasses cloth, tissues, and lip balm. My mild OCD has wanted to blog this for a while. Blahg blahg blahg. :)

###

Hotel in Flagstaff, AZ. Need to catch up on New Mexico visit to Joanna and Grisel's wedding in Phoenix. Next stops: Grand Canyon, Las Vegas to see Carrie, Richland to see parents and Tri-Cities friends, Seattle for niece's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment