Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Half Time

Half time report. I'm headed to Richland next week! Feeling good. Still working on the 2nd half year plans. Still got some money left, though I'm thinking I should try to temp while in NYC in August.

I'm in Vegas right now. Carrie, friend from high school, is at work as is her husband Marshall. So I am babysitting their 10-month-old daughter, and currently she is napping in the next room. It's h-o-t here!

Ok, catching up. Sorry for the "words...words"-type posts of late. Am I turning you off from reading? Tell me the truth.

Uploaded small photos today 'cuz there's so many. Here is Josh and his youngest (this is in Denver/Aurora, CO) at Chili's.










And here's half of the church congregants from the week I attended. I told them twenty years from now, this photo can be used in their memories slide show.






This was taken out the bus window en route to Albuquerque. I loved the big sky clouds.







At the Hot Air Balloon museum with Joanna's mom Sandy and her nephew.










Here's Joanna and her daughter on our nature walk. Joanna is not photogenic even though she is very pretty. Her daughter is both cute and photogenic.




With pine cone.











This is the only photo I'm posting from my day trip to Santa Fe. All the really cool things, I was not permitted to photograph.







And I wrote about dance lessons. Well, I wound up going to the group lesson with John and Joanna. And since there was one more man than woman, I got a free lesson! :)









(In Phoenix) This is one of Grisel's 2nd cousins. Though in Bolivian culture, cousins are brothers & sisters, so I guess this would be Grisel's niece. After dinner, and watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" with the family while Grisel and Jeremiah ran errands, I barely beat her niece at chess.







Grisel prepping candles for a circle prayer Wall of Fire ceremony they had during the reception.







Bridesmaid bouquet.








The NYC set: Veronica, Joanne, Yana, Felicia.






Me, new local friend Angela from Joy of Life church, and Yana with cacti.







Saguaros on the way to Sedona.








Gas stop, we modeled the hat and map selection.













Sedona sample. So amazing.







I love lichen and you can see my curly hair.


Metaphor for life: you can stay by the road and it's pretty enough, but look what you can see if you just climb a little.














The Grand Canyon:

This is my first (of tens) photo of the Wonder.












Native American ceramic that I really like but inconvenient to transport and kind of pricey.


Some of my tour group. The front couple and I went out to Red Lobster for dinner afterward. They're UK citizens, though she's originally Austrian, and live on an island in the English Channel. Tax free.




Milton, our tour guide, whose Navajo name means Two Feathers From An Eagle. He had some of good jokes and cool info for us.

Milton factoid: chewing the needles from this tree provides more vitamin C than from oranges.


Me and the Canyon.







On Route 66 from Flagstaff to Las Vegas.


Read the coffee signs, those were my favorite.














Hoover Dam.









(In Las Vegas) Carrie and Marshall's little girl. Today is Carrie's birthday! She's now as old as I am. We had fun today. Marshall just got home and is fixing dinner. I need to quickly make a card for Carrie. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment