Thursday, March 11, 2010

Caffeine free diet Irene

As I told my friend Julie, I've been meaning to title a post the above for a few weeks now. Ever since I stopped drinking coffee one fateful day, I think it's been three weeks now, and survived the throbbing headache, I have, in fact, been caffeine free. I've quit coffee several times before in my life but this is the first time that I've really appreciated not being groggy and 'in need of a fix' in the morning/afternoon. So, I think I'm going to stick with it. I feel more clear headed, physically--not necessarily otherwise, and it makes me happy.

As far as "diet": I've been tracking what I eat and happily weigh a little less than I did two years ago at this time. We'll see. No big hopes, although I am going to Hawaii with my family at the end of this month. So there is a motivating factor.

I had my first full day as a substitute para-educator today. It was pretty fun. I liked the alternative high school environment I was at. Listened to a great sermon recommended to me by my ex-colleague and still friend Scott that reminded me of many Great Truths and so complaining about my wage is really towards the end of the list of things I can be doing with my life. :) I love perspective.

Scrabble cake made by Jessica. The "I" is for me and it is yummy! Thanks, Jessica!

Oh, and I finished the draft of the play that I was working on! Yay!

And a shout out to Alison whom I had the pleasure of lunching with the other day. She said my blog has been useful in disproving some of my alleged whereabouts. Thank God for that!
Just a sign that I'm in Richlandia. Note the politely stated limit. :) Another bonus of bus-riding: I get to walk a bit too and catch these treasures.

In true cyber-stalker fashion, I really want to meet this woman who reminds me eerily of myself, but she has not responded to my comment. I guess I don't make much of an impression in the blogasphere. :) But if you get a chance, read it! It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment