Saturday, May 11, 2019

Duanwu de Mayo #4

4-Minute Poem by Dana Jill

Margaritas and guac set the scene
Rice in banana leaves set the plate
Sitting by Lake Washington
Does cultural divide dissipate?


Duanwu de Mayo #4 by Irene

Five women circle for eating
Four zongzi wait for unraveling
The spring breeze blows the cloth
Heedless of manners, hunger, or writing


Spring Sounds by Irene

Chirp tweet larks and robins
Squeak bump chairs and table
If sailboats sang songs or danced
Would they keep time to my heartbeat?


Now by Megan

Four years ago I passed this way assigning words for questions I always knew I had.
Mountains and valleys, liturgy and doubt.
It is night.
But now the night is more familiar.


Poem 2 (T Ball) by Megan

Crack of the bat, leather gloves, dusty bases.
Misses, misses, and misses again.
Didn't we start with nine players?
Who won?


Breeze by Patti

The evening's breeze is smooth as silk
Night is sure to follow its order
This is nature's innate obedience
Must I question my continuation


Redwing House by Patti

Crimson leaf against the chocolate wall
Yet the breeze disturbs its place
Nature's rules are on the throne
Sacredness is in the moment


Premeditated by Annalise

Out of breath
Out of time
Life is springing from my womb
Will I ever be ready?


Bind by Annalise

String binds zongzi
Relationship binds family
Nature seems to have order
Why do the ties that bind still unravel?

No comments:

Post a Comment