Sunday, October 01, 2017

1904: Rain song, back scar

Great Noble* Song** by Guan Hanquin

Wind blow blow, rain pour pour,
Even if you're Chen Tuan, you'll not fall asleep.
Regrets, sorrow carried inside.
Pounce fall fall, tears drip drop,
Cicadas finish chirping, crickets call.
Shh tinkle tinkle, misting rain sprays the banana tree.

*Da De became Emperor Yuan Chenzong's era's name
**Yuan dynasty form usually in praise of the Emperor

1904 - age 3

Just after I turned three, I had a bad infection on my back, a swollen and pussy welt; it hurt terribly. My grandmother heard about it and made a special trip to see me. She used medicine to wash my wound and recited mantras asking Buddha to heal me. The mystical thing was whenever she said mantras, the pain subsided. So I usually called out for her to recite the mantras. In this way, for several months, I was healed. Until now, I still have a scar on my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment