Friday, May 05, 2017

Duanwu de mayo #2


Two hands by Irene Yung

Margarita
Coughing from salt down the wrong pipe
Flushed from tequila down the right pipe
These pains are like lime juice:
A tart accent to the sweetness of gathering










At the table
Markers of springtime: lilac
Signs of love: laughter
How do you know poetry is coming?
Friends, thoughtful, pause from eating


Longing for sweetness
by Patti Lozano

These eyes have gazed unspeakable beauty
These feet have tread upon sacred ground
Leaving a sweetness that lingers on my tongue
O Spirit when will you awaken again

5th 5th #2
by Dana Jill Meaux Hatch

Cantina music blast
Reheat zongzi fast
Will next year be as fun?
May duanwu de mayo through the years last!

Along Lake Washington
by Annalise Lathrop

In my past I ran on the winding dirt path that snakes along the lake
In my present I run on the winding paved bike path that weaves along the same lake
Are these the same experiences?
Same same, but different...and somehow totally reminds me of my life






No comments:

Post a Comment