Monday, April 30, 2012

Haiku from the past

My parents' computer is dying. Instead of investing in a hard drive, I'm doing the cloud thing and just uploading stuff I'd rather save to either Facebook or Flickr or here. Haiku I wrote around 2002 with some revised in 2006. Apologies in advance for their quality. 


turning the corner
a narrowing of the eyes
neither sun nor wind

feet shift under ass
glance around an vacant room [2006: glance around a lived-in room]
she nods openly

three generations
so much unsaid, yet there’s love
her mother’s mother

steaming wonton bowl
tokens of edible peace [ 2006: lips unravel spicy peace]
“I’m so glad you came!” [ 2006: tongues can burn two ways]

boxes ungotten
tape from previous tenants
never saw the roof

empty e-mailbox
I’m so bored I sigh slowly [ 2006: bored so bored I sigh slowly]
and twirl in my chair

lots of allergies.
ten minutes to beautiful.
tag lines and you’re it

stress and tapping toes
rub a sleeping arm awake
back unhunched   breath stretch

trappings of a god
lover of my soul reach out
show me the good time

2006:

chop the snake in half
pull it off her swallowed leg
the stories we hear

two umbrellas up
facing different ways home
kisses on the cheek

thirty winters passed
cynicism and suspense
my soul is closer

No comments:

Post a Comment