Friday, February 19, 2010

Also

My mom and I are headed back to Richlandia on Monday to resume Regular Life. Which I haven't been participating in for a while now so let's see how I do...Wanted to say that my sister's recovery has been very quick and smooth. PTL for that. I've learned a lot about my nasty habits and hard heart--especially when provoked by the little ones on whom Jesus said their Father always sees the face of angels. Or something like that. ;)

I finished "My Life in France" and loved it. Julia Child was a super cool lady. This is also fortuitous since my friend Yolanda has asked me to help with a Ladies Bruncheon wherein she is slated to give a Chinese cooking primer.

---- (added February 25) ----
Upon re-read I felt compelled to look up that angel-face verse and I got it backwards. It's: See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. [ESV]

4 comments:

  1. Haven't read "My life..." should I? Am I a bad francophile without it? Have you cooked her recipes? I find a lot of French cooking to be rough...even when I'm in France I tend to eat more international. Except for the soups...ummmm...pureed veg. soups are the best. Oh, and goat cheese salad, and....and :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a bad francophile, considering she mentioned over and over that she was not famous in France. Perhaps you are a bad American home cook, but you've never been so worried about your rep as one of Those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just yesterday, had sourdough baguette with goat cheese and wilted spinach. Love your ellipses and all they indicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you're more ready for this bruncheon gig than i am. :) excited to be spending some time with you soon!

    ReplyDelete