Sunday, July 12, 2009

More insomnia

Iced tea? Oy vey. Thank you to Esther and her family for a lovely day; no one made me drink the tea at dinner nor the one I got at Yokes before dinner. So it's three in the morning. I spent the last hour listening to John Stone's sermon from back in May. One of the things that I've come to see that I trust in are my connections. When just a few people don't respond to me within the time I want, I am nervous--which on the feelings chart is a lesser degree of fear. Again: oy vey.

Some fantastic things (to change the subject) during this Richland visit:
- spontaneous hug from my niece! The first one from her in the nearly six years of her life. After an afternoon of pretend school (and let me tell you pretend school is awesome: free play time alternating with snacks and naps), I was leaving the house and commented: that was fun! And she, who will not voluntarily say hi and who has never called my name to get my attention, turned and gave me a big enthusiastic hug. I teared up.
- on a hot walk from Howard Amon park, I happen to be in swim gear because I had been accompanying my neices in the wading pool, I took a cooling dip in the Columbia River at Leslie Groves. Love it. Though I was too vain to wear my dad's large-billed golf hat, apparently walking home looking like I lost bladder control in my jeans was tolerable.
- sunset with clouds
- full moon emerging from clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment